Monday, November 23, 2009

Update

Well, it has been a while since I have updated and for a few reasons:
  1. I really haven't taken many pictures lately and I know that is really what you are after.
  2. Everyone has been sick. Seriously. This dang cold will not leave our house and it driving us all crazy.
  3. We have just been busy with life.

LA had her nine month checkup the other day. She is still a little string bean. She is 29" long and 13 lbs 10 oz. Her weight has been fluctuating a little lately as her cold has really affected her appetite. We are going to an ENT in December just to make sure that nothing else, besides a cold, is going on. Our pediatrician really believes that it is just a cold, but it is better to be safe than sorry (especially since she does have some other issues).

Speaking of appointments, can we just say that December is BUSY!!!!! LA has 4 appointments from December 2-8th! Not to worry...it is all pretty routine stuff.

  1. She has the ENT appointment that I already told you about.
  2. She has a follow-up with the pediatrician to see if we made an improvement in getting rid of the cold and gaining weight (she is on a new medicine).
  3. She also is going to have another PT (physical therapy) screening and...
  4. OT (occupational screening).

Doesn't she already get PT you ask? Yes, but, let's just say, Mommy wants to see what another therapist recommends that isn't being paid for by the state. The OT is also to see if they can help LA in any way. Basically, our pediatrician and we, are being VERY proactive (especially since her ACC automatically qualifies her for most services). This way, we can hopefully prevent delays or catch them very early to avoid issue.

Right now the little lady is sound asleep after a morning at the cardiologist. Everything is status quo and we don't go back until April. In fact, the cardiologist wasn't really too concerned about her weight, which was a huge relief since sometimes kids with heart issues can have weight issues that are a sign of problems. He really thinks that it is the cold also. He also did tell us that many kids with chromosomal issues are on the lower end of the growth curve with weight (which was new info for us). She will just be a thin girl (not a bad problem to have eh?).

Ok, so I have rambled on long enough. Yes, I know I need to post pictures of her since she is a big 9 month old. I'll work on that! Until then, you will have to settle for this...a picture of us with some of our great friends tailgating at the Auburn/UGA game. You will see there is a distinct line separating the Georgia fans from the Auburn fans. LA was in the safe hands of Grandma and Grandpa Pieczko while we enjoyed the tailgating. Some of us enjoyed the FIRST half of the game, but let's just say, the ending of the movie STUNK!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well...maybe next year.

And, a couple of random picture of LA for the day. Why is it that kids are interested with things they shouldn't play with than the colorful toys that we spend all our money on? Remote controls, cell phones, laptops? LA is OBSESSED with our laptops (in fact, just this morning, she sent me her very first email--she apparently loves the letter "d.") Anyhow, she cannot get enough of the laptop and she is so intense when she is actually allowed to touch!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I love the new pictures of LA. I enjoy looking at all your craft "blogs" and the things you do for Lily Anne. I wish we lived closer so you could teach me to crochet. Granny B tried once and said my fingers would not "do right" what ever that means. Love you all and keep those pictures coming. Sandra

Lacey said...

Her face with the laptop is adorable! You are such a good mommy to get a second opinion with the PT/OT. I wonder about ours quite a bit...she does more talking than working with him. Have a good Holiday season...isn't fun to buy gifts now that you have a LO to buy for. I have had a little too much fun!

Also...what program do you use for your Blog Banner?

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest, funniest photo I've ever seen! She is so intensely engaged in that laptop!!
charlottelewis