Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Disgusted

This is my blog and I am about to get up on my soapbox--because, well, it's my blog!

You have probably seen previews and commercials for the new Ryan Reynolds/Jason Bateman film coming out--"The Change Up." It's a "Freaky Friday" type of body switch movie between the two main characters who lead very different lives. A "no brainer" type of comedy in which you expect stupid humor and a predictable ending.

Well, apparently it is also a movie in which a choice was made for the character played by Ryan Reynolds to say (in reference to his friend's twin babies),

"Why aren't they talking? Are they retarded? This one looks a little Downsy."

Using the term "retarded" is bad enough...but "Downsy?" Are you serious???? I cannot even put into words how disturbed by this I am. Luckily, there are bloggers out there that are able to articulate their thoughts on this better than I am (click to read).

I am saddened and disgusted that this "joke" was seen as appropriate by the writers, producers and actors.

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU INVOLVED IN ANY WAY WITH THIS FILM!!

We will NOT be seeing your ignorant movie and I am not sure I can ever look at Ryan Reynolds in the same light again--he may not have written the line, but he chose to say it when it is NOT necessary to the "integrity" of the film.

Ok, I'm stepping off my soapbox for now--we'll be back to your regular reading of LA in all her adorable-ness soon!

No comments: