I still cannot believe LA is one year old!
Unfortunately, she was sick for her birthday. But, in typical LA fashion, you would never know by her attitude. Just as happy as ever. However, her mean mom and dad tortured her on her birthday. It was bad. Seriously. One day she will probably need therapy for this. We began her big day by taking her to the lab to have 5 vials of blood drawn. I kid you not. Then, because her breathing had escalated a little over the weekend, we took her to the doctor. Luckily, her O2 levels were good, but the dr. was a bit concerned about how labored her breathing was. So, she wanted us to keep a very close eye on her breathing for the next 24 hours. Compounding the congestion, she has had a very hard time keeping food down for the past week. What goes down is coming right back up. Not fun for anyone, but especially LA.
I stayed home with her on Tuesday and she continued to breath the same (no worse), but she continued to struggle with eating. Luckily, I "think" we might have turned the tide last night. Since 5 pm last night...she has not vomited once (yes, I realize I probably just jinxed us). Today she ate very well at daycare too! Hooray! So, how do we celebrate? By taking her to our regular pediatrician for her 1 year checkup and SHOTS! Our child is really going to have a warped sense of "celebrations."
As expected, she did drop a little weight from her sick visit last week, but our pedi was not worried. She still is on the very skinny side, but he is very pleased with her progress. Can I just say, I love our pediatrician! He is always so positive and really focuses on what is going well with LA. He LOVES her social skills and her attitude. He comments on how well she is doing every time we see him. He acknowledges her delays, but also points out that there are many "typical" kids who are doing the same things she is. You just feel good when you leave after talking to him.
Three shots later, we headed home and a certain little girl is out like a light! In fact, I need to go wake her up soon or she will be a little night owl!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment