Sunday, December 6, 2009

Bloodwork and Santa

We had a mini-scare on Saturday when the phone rang and the caller ID indicated that it was our pediatrician's office. Yep...on a Saturday. When I picked up the phone, it was LA's doctor--not the nurse, not the lab tech--the doctor. Doctors NEVER call unless it is bad news, especially not on a SATURDAY. You know that moment of panic when you imagine the worst, well amplify but a million and that was me, ready to hear that LA needed to get to a hospital ASAP. Imagine my surprise and relief when the doctor said her bloodwork came back fine. He said some more stuff after that, but I have no idea what. Really, doctors should not be allowed to call on the weekend.

On another note, I realized that I had not posted pictures of Lily Anne's first visit with Santa. We were not sure how she would do, especially since she was a little tired (Santa's visit did not exactly work neatly into her nap schedule). Justin warned Santa that she would probably try to grab his beard and glasses (you can't say we didn't warn the man). LA was fascinated with Santa and her cousin James also had a fun time visiting the jolly elf!

1 comment:

Ilene said...

The pics with Santa are absolutely precious!!! She really is a doll!!! As soon as everyone is healthy, we will come see her!!! It has been to long!!! Glad all went well with the doctor!!