I seriously have no idea. That is what life is like here. We are still here in the PICU, but dare I say...an end "might" be in sight?! Oh, don't get too excited. By end, I really just mean that we would move out of PICU and into general care. This morning LA's doctor said he hoped to get us out of here tomorrow. She is doing much better. They have decreased her O2 mix and she is doing great with it. She is also doing pretty well with eating (and is even eating more calories per ounce thanks to a new mix). The doctor wants to try to fatten her up a little bit since she did lose some weight being sick.
Yesterday, my parents came to visit and she was more active and wanted to play a little bit. The problem is, she is a bit tethered by all the equipment and still doesn't feel great, so she is a bit needier and crankier than her usual self. She is also having a harder time taking naps (I think she is nervous that someone is going to come in while she is sleeping to poke her).
All in all, she is doing better and I am really hopeful that tonight's x-ray shows improvement in her lungs. Her respiratory therapist (who was assigned to her Saturday as well) said her lungs sound MUCH better! Thanks for all the notes and calls! We do appreciate them.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment